Unlike women, men are not actually psyched about the idea of having breasts, especially when their breasts are larger than their wife’s. This is a medical condition known as gynecomastia. Sure, there are natural ways on how to eliminate those man breasts, like following the right diet and proper exercise. But when worse comes to worst, and these interventions just don’t work for you, then it might be time to consider surgical options.
Male breast reduction surgery can help you eliminate those unwanted breasts for good. If you are interested in the procedure, one of the first things you have to do is to undergo an initial consultation with your doctor.
During this time, be prepared to discuss the following matters with your physician:
- Your reason and goals for male breast reduction surgery
- Any current and past medical conditions, treatments, allergies, and surgeries
- Any medications you are currently taking, including vitamins and herbal supplements. Also, make your doctor aware of any alcohol and tobacco consumption.
Your initial consultation with your doctor may also involve:
- Evaluating your overall health status
- Undergoing diagnostic examinations to determine any underlying factors regarding your gynecomastia
- Examining and closely measuring the details of your breasts, including their size and shape, quality of skin, as well as the placement of your areolas and nipples
- Discussion of your other options
- Discussion of your expectations from the procedure
If you wish to learn more about male breast reduction surgery, schedule a consultation with Dr. Ip today by calling (949) 548-0300 for our Newport Beach office and (855) 742-8800 for our New York office. We look forward to hearing from you!