Aging isn’t kind to our entire body, but for a woman aging of the vaginal area can cause embarrassment, even discomfort. To rectify the problems, Dr. Ip performs vaginal rejuvenation, which addresses various issues with the labia and the clitoral hood.
What is vaginal rejuvenation?
Vaginal rejuvenation refers to the restoration of a woman’s genitalia. Procedures that fall under vaginal rejuvenation are labiaplasty, labia major reduction, reduction of the mons pubis, and reduction of the clitoral hood. These procedures can be all done at the same time, as needed.
What is labiaplasty?
The labia are the flaps of skin found on both sides of the vaginal opening. Pregnancy and childbirth can create sagging in the labia or they can be uneven from birth. Labiaplasty reduces the size or shape of the labia.
Why would I need labiaplasty?
These are the factors to weigh when considering labiaplasty with Dr. Ip:
- You have enlarged labia that make you feel self-conscious during intimacy.
- The appearance of your labia causes you to feel embarrassed when naked.
- During intercourse or other physical activities, your labia cause discomfort.
- When wearing tight clothes, you experience labial irritation.
- You want to change the appearance of the outer vagina.
- Labia majora reduction — Excess skin is surgically removed and liposuction is used to remove excess fat. This is done to correct enlarged labia.
- Reduction of the mons pubis — The mons pubis is made of fatty tissue that covers the pubic bone. Many women are born with enlarged mons pubis. Childbirth and aging can also cause enlargement. Dr. Ip trims excess skin and tissue to reduce the mons pubis.
- Reduction of the clitoral hood — A protruding clitoral hood can cause irritation. Dr. Ip removes excess tissue surrounding the clitoris to shorten the hood.
Do you feel self-conscious about your labia? Vaginal rejuvenation with Dr. Ip can help. Call Dr. Ip at his Newport Beach, Beverly Hills, or NYC offices for a consultation.