Undergoing major weight loss can be beneficial, especially to women who have been dreading their heavy weight for a major partÂ of their life. However, it can be a bit of a drag when your skin starts to sag and droop due to significant reduction of fat in specific parts of the body. This is when body contouring after major weight loss comes in the picture.
If you are considering this type of surgery, there are certain things you have to do first to make the procedure as smooth-sailing as possible.
- At least three months before your procedure, it is best to stabilize your weight â€“ depending on your weight goal. Aside from this, make sure that all your nutritional deficiencies are corrected beforehand.
- Donâ€™t go through the recovery alone. You need family and friends to be with you during the process, may it be for emotional support or to help you around at home.
- Right after the procedure, your body will need a lot of rest and relaxation. Make sure that you schedule your days off from work for your recovery a couple of months early.
- It is important that you understand that the procedure will entail scarring, which could be permanent. They only get lighter over time and may not completely disappear.
- Stopping smoking months before your surgery could help your healing process a lot.
Make sure you get a body contouring procedure only from a qualified surgeon like Dr. Ip. Request a consultation with him today by calling us at (949) 548-0300 for our office in Newport Beach or (855) 742-8800 for our office in New York. We’d love to hear from you!