Rhinoplasty, or nose-reshaping surgery, is one of the most delicate and complex cosmetic surgery procedures. And, the results of rhinoplasty are right there for everyone to see! This explains why many men and women considering surgery cannot make up their minds whether to proceed or not. Fortunately, a non-surgical option to improve the overall appearance of the nose is available that allows patients to basically get a feel for what certain changes in their nose will look like, without fully committing to surgery.
In the procedure, a hyaluronic acid filler like Juvederm, Restylane, or Radiesse is used to help reshape the nasal tip, increase the height of the nasal bridge, or soften an unsightly hump. How does the use of fillers compare with nose-reshaping surgery?
Advantages of using fillers for nose reshaping
- Surgical outcomes from non-surgical rhinoplasty are reversible. Aside from the temporary nature of the results, you can choose to reverse the outcomes immediately through the injection of a hyaluronidase enzyme. The enzyme dissolves the fillers within hours of their injection and totally removes their effects.
- You can use fillers as a way to gauge how your nose would look if you decide to opt for surgery later on.
- Downtime is minimal to non-existent following non-surgical rhinoplasty.
- Fillers cost less than surgery.
Disadvantages of using fillers for nose reshaping
- The temporary results of non-surgical rhinoplasty may be a drawback for those who are looking to have permanent outcomes. The results from hyaluronic acid fillers last from nine months to a year.
- Fillers canâ€™t help you if you want to reduce the size of your nose. Surgery is the only way to achieve that outcome.
If your nose has always been something that has bothered you, call Dr. Ip at 949-548-0300 and letâ€™s discuss your options. If youâ€™re unsure about surgery, maybe a non-surgical rhinoplasty could be right for you.